Tuesday, March 24, 2015

Some more Bird cards

Well, my Blog is not called 'Craft's Nest' for no reason - I just cannot get off the birds to the butterflies at the moment.

 

 I used a piece of patterned paper from the Graphics 45 design. Painted the roses and teapot with distress markers and water and attached one of my favorite bird stamps on top of the pot. I stamped the Hero Arts Postcard Stamp over the top and cut around it for the tag style.



A very quick card using another bird which was cut out from a scrap. I made the nest with the leaves from a stamp from Inkadinkado.


The same bird again, cut from a scrap. This is collage style.


A little stamping collage with two different stamp sets from SU, An Open Heart and Butterfly Basics.


Looked for a background of patterned paper to match these birds that were mounted onto a diecut. 

So I want to share something that spoke to me so profoundly, I want to share it for those who maybe going through a 'why me' time at the moment. I know it sounds so selfish to be busy with 'me' when there is so much to be grateful for, yet God knows we are but dust and still His heart beats for us with a passion!

Quote:
The desire for God
For reading & meditation: Psalms 42
"My soul thirsts for God, for the living God '" (v.2)

Yesterday we looked at the words: "Whom have I in heaven but you?" Now we examine the second part of that text: "And earth has nothing I desire besides you" (Ps. 73:25b). Personally, I find these some of the most enchanting words in the whole of the Old Testament. The first part of the verse is put in a negative, and the second in a positive form. Having looked around and seen that there is no satisfying substitute for the Almighty, the psalmist goes on to make the positive assertion that from the bottom of his heart he desires to know God. He has come to see (so I believe) that it is more important to desire God for who He is than for what He does or what He gives. In a sense, the psalmist's entire problem arose out of the fact that he had put what God gives in the place of God Himself. The ungodly were having a good time while he was having a bad time. Why was he having to suffer like this? His trouble was that he had become more interested in the things God gives than in God Himself, and when he didn't have the things he wanted, he began to doubt God's love. Now, however, he has come to the place where he desires God for Himself. The ultimate test of the Christian life is whether we desire God for Himself or for what He gives. Each one of us must ask ourselves: "Do I desire God more than forgiveness? More than release from my problems? More than healing of my condition? More than gifts and abilities?" How tragic that our prayers can be full of pleadings that show, when they are examined, that we are more interested in enjoying God's blessings than we are in enjoying God.
Prayer:

O Father, forgive me that so often I am concerned more with Your gifts than I am with You - the Giver. Help me to long after You, not because of what You give me, but because of who You are. In Jesus' Name I ask it Amen.

We are having rather bad weather at the moment, so wanting to see the sun again!
Have a great week!
Jacqueline


12 comments:

  1. You creat gorgeous cards Jacqueline! Always such stunning details, colors and layouts.
    That bird is for sure pretty. Will try and see if I can find that in Sweden.

    Big hugs for you and have a lovely day/Gunilla

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jacqueline , your cards are stunning as always

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Jacqueline, I enjoy seeing your cards with birds very much!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. great Jacqueline.. if I read through your GOOD NEWS, I realise that I'm not used to hear God's Word in english.. strange, isn't it?!

    ReplyDelete
  5. A beautiful series of bird cards.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Always enjoy your wonderful bird cards!! Thanks for sharing this meditation today, I know when I am hurting physically or emotionally I do tend to look on him as my healer only and hope for help. This was a good way to look at it and bring it to my attention.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm so grateful that you share your heart and God's truth along with your creative gift, dear Jacqueline. Thank you for your faithfulness. I needed this message today and i pray that others will be blessed and encouraged as well.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your bird and butterfly cards and your expressions of faith.

    ReplyDelete
  9. So many lovely card my friend. I do love to watch all the birds as well. And I do love reading your wonderful message about Gods Words.. Thanks You..

    Hugs~

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh, Jacqueline, Jim was right about your beautiful style and cards! I love each card with this precious bird! Each one is beautiful! So glad I've stopped by! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your visit - I so appreciate it!