Monday, June 15, 2009

Meditation Monday - some thoughts on prayer


As I have been praying this week for a new meditation for today I really felt I should share some thoughts on prayer. I remember when I gave my heart and life to Jesus more than thirty years ago, my prayers were ALWAYS answered! I only had to yell and God was there! As the years went by my prayers did not always get answered and I began to feel a bit insecure. I know now that God was building up my faith, which shall outlast prayer in the long run. Now, thirty years later I have seen that God has weened me from being an infant into an adult. Prayer is not just expecting answers.

Over the years I have really given 'prayer' a lot of thought... I am the kind of person that wants results. I want to be productive, impact my surroundings, bear fruit and see change. I want to change too! So prayer is a very important part of life because it develops our relationship with God. The Bible says that Jesus Christ opened the way for us to have access to the Father.

But prayer has left me very frustrated at times! It tests our patience, our faith, our hope... our everything! Sometimes it seems like God is there, another time we just can't seem to get anywhere and just give up! I have been there, for months, sometimes years, just struggling!! How does it work Lord?? What do I have to do or not do to get a satisfactory prayer life??!! I have begged, I have prayed for longer periods, I have stopped praying for short periods, all I wanted was to have contact with my FATHER!!

I believe that I have found a satisfactory answer for this now and want to share it with you - perhaps you too are struggling with a barren prayer life or just that you don't understand where God is!!

For me, prayer is MAKING CONTACT WITH GOD through FAITH in His Word. God is LOVE - everything positive and compassionate is found in Him. When I pray, I connect to that Source. I proclaim what the Word says. When I pray for people, I connect to Him and convey blessing in the Name of Jesus to those I pray for and I believe that it changes a situation. I don't always have to see the results or hear about them, I don't always have to see the answers to my own prayer needs - it is enough to know I have connected with HIM by faith and I rest in that awesome assurance. That is why prayer is important because there are so many negative vibes around us that we have to stay connected to Him! People are like radios.. we receive and we convey what we pick up from the airwaves! We are only on the right wavelength when we connect to God!

Jer.29:13 says "And you will seek Me and find Me, when you search for Me with all your heart".
It could change your whole life!

---------------------------------------------------------------

I also have been thinking about being more challenging on my blog - giving the cards I create a goal instead of seeing them ending up in a basket for 'future' use.
So what I will be doing now and again is, I will create a little downloadable Bible verse on my blog and make a card to send to somebody with that verse on it. If you want to join in and use the verse for a card for somebody, please do! There are so many people who can do with a little bit of encouragement!

If you want to link your card to this blog with a prayer request for that person, even better!

5 comments:

  1. What a beautiful way for me to start my week, Jacqueline! Your posting above has so encouraged me. I would love to download the verses you will post. I sometimes try to make my challenge entries for a particular person's card. When I don't, I do wind up with a boxful of "cards for later use."

    Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loving your monday meditations they keep me focused on important things! Love the idea of the verses will definitely try to use them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your post today is very encouraging. And your blog is like a breath of fresh air. Your thoughts on prayer are very timely.

    But if you don't mind me adding as well, I learned a long time ago that when we pray and ask for results, God gives us 3 answers. Yes, No and Wait. While we wait this is preparation for the next step, No means this is not good for you at this time or ever, and yes to an answered prayer.....we just continuously praise Him.
    In these days we need to pray more than ever.
    Thanks for your thoughts.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jacqueline, I just found your blog and I love it! I haven't started by blog yet, but I do make cards and scrapbook. I lived in England for five years and was sorry I didn't get the opportunity to see more of France. I am drawn to you because of your faith and ministry. What a blessing! Would like to write more but have an appointment. Carol Lancaster, Oklahoma City, Oklahoma -- kitkat2131@cox.net

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, it's like God is talking to me through your words. I really needed to be reminded that prayer, regardless of the outcome, is a gift; to know I am communicating with the God of the universe in prayer is a most precious gift.
    I just love your Monday meditations(even if I don't get a chance to read them until Thursday).
    Blessings to you, dear Jacqueline

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your visit - I so appreciate it!