Sunday, November 11, 2018

Using old Books

I LOVE old Books - especially of Nature with Birds, Flowers, and Butterflies! I found a Beautiful Old Book from the 70's which has been totally devoured by my crafting endeavors. If I can recycle something, then the satisfaction is great.

This Book is a gem!


and these are the tags I made with some pages.


These can be used for so many projects! I have sheets of vellum sentiments in gold and black which I used and stitched to the Tag.
They are for sale in my shop together with some faux postage stamps which I stamped and cut out from this beautiful Book:


and they look like this:


With old music sheet paper, I collaged these tags, which have a faux postage stamp and fussy-cut flowers, also from an old book.


and finally, I'm sharing these altered wine labels with Bird Images from a very old Book:


I will add the link to my shop here. I have many more projects to share another time.

Apparently, millions of Books get thrown away every month!! Can you imagine, all the new papers we buy while brilliant Books are getting trashed. That is such a shame!

Hope to have inspired somebody today.
Jacqueline

7 comments:

  1. What a lovely way to recycle the sweet images from these books, Jacqueline! Beautiful work, as always!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These products are so beautiful, Jacqueline! Yes, there are many books being trashed each day; such a shame.

    ReplyDelete
  3. your creativity with these old books is wonderful, Jacqueline. love all you projects!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You've got some serious treasure there Jacqueline. Love the projects you made with the book!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your creativity is limitless and the results are amazing. I'm trying to use up my stash of printed papers(how did I accumulate so much......I know how!) and your ideas are great. Thanks for sharing these beautiful little works of art.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just love how you recycled these books, I have a few that were given to me that I need to do something like this with them, just beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my goodness Jacqueline, what beautiful creations - I love the way you have used the books to create these exquisite projects
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your visit - I so appreciate it!