Friday, April 6, 2012

Easter Share and Grid

As its Easter Time I thought I would share something encouraging! As you know I am a Christian - that means that God sought me in His Love and I answered His Call to give Him my heart and trust Him to make my life a witness to His. I have gone through lots of trials, had disappointments and haven't understood a lot of His Ways and still I find myself learning something every day. I'm sure you experience the same. Sometimes we have to wait sooooo long before God shows up that we can get weary and faint. I know that can give me problems too! But Easter time is the time when we realize that Jesus took upon Himself everything that separated us from God and defeated death for us before He rose again! He has the key!
What does it mean daily to us... other than to abide in Him. I found a little devotional which I think is very encouraging for those of us who can be 'prestation' orientated. Always thinking we have to be more than we are or those who are perfectionists, always thinking it has to look and be better. Let's learn to let go and just be!

Quote:
"I am the Vine, ye are the branches..." John 15:5
If we don't really understand these words we will keep trying to do the things only God can do. Things like, blessing yourself, solving your own problems, answering your own prayers and promoting yourself. Or worse, you will try to 'cover up' for God because He's not doing it quickly enough, so you're standing there like a substitute teacher trying to make Him look good through your human efforts. (A note from me here - can you imagine I felt like this when I was ill and being one of only two families who know the Lord in our village, that I thought - what will they think of the God I serve?)
Give it up, it can't be done. Jesus said 'I am the Vine, you are the branches... all you need to do is stay connected. (Another note from me: I see this principle at work, being surrounded by vineyards - the branches receive the life-giving sap from the vine and all it has to do is produce fruit with it.)
You've got to know where your help comes from! We say that without Him we can do nothing and then act as if it all depended on us. Our success is in the Vine and our future is in the Vine! All we need to do is stay connected!
Unquote
I hope you enjoyed this little meditation as much as I enjoyed refreshing myself with the Word of God.


I thought I would share a little card nonetheless before I wish you all a very peaceful Easter. It's not a new card, its a card that I shared on my other blog and on the Flickr gallery so please don't feel you have to comment. I'm just lowering my standard to have to post a new card today and just being me. This reminded me of the beautiful Spring we are having at the moment! The little verse in French on the side is 'Ne crains pas, crois seulement' which is Do not fear, only believe'!


And this little capture of my Rosemary bush, I thought the colors matched the card. Nothing spectacular just a little look into my world.
Many blessings!
Jacqueline

23 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing a look into your world and a most Happy Easter to you and your family....full of blessings and love!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jacqueline, wishing you a really beautiful Easter! Thank you for sharing your wonderful creation again today, I love each one you post! I wanted to say a special thank you for the words you shared today, especially the part "always thinking we have to be more than what we are" - that's a hard one, especially because I believe that in many things, we can be more, more loving, more caring, more giving, more grateful - but sometimes, we cannot. Sometimes we have to simply take the time to be, and to be happy with who we are, as long as it is the best version of who we are. My core values are all based on Christianity, but I cannot say that I am a traditional church going Christian, far from it. I found that verse, "I am the vine, you are the branches...all you need to do is stay connected" very profound, and I am going to spend some time thinking on that, trying to understand it more. So thank you sweet Jacqueline! Perfect timing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, if I lived in your village I would think that the God that woman professes must be amazing because look at her spirit even in the midst of something so terrifying as cancer! Have a blessed Easter, Jacqueline:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for sharing the devotional and your thoughts and experiences. (And your delightful card!) Our measure of success is so different from God's . . . and as long as you keep pointing to him, and stay connected to him, who's to say what will come of it?! (We did a study last week on God's "Upside down kingdom") You have been a strong witness and faithful follower and blessed so many of us.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your cards1
    Wish you a Happy Eastertime
    Elma

    ReplyDelete
  6. And I will say AMEN!!!
    Yesterday I was with Jan en Mieke de Ridder.
    Many greetings from them.
    With love hennie.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful grid card with such rich colours. Thanks for your inspirational words Jacqueline. Happy Easter!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks so much for this little devotional message, Jacqueline. It is always good to remember that "with God, all things are possible". His ways are always the best ways for us even though we might not understand things at the time.

    Have a blessed Easter with your family!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful card, Jacqueline! Happy Easter to you!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Jacqueline! I wish you a happy Easter! I love your card, the way those panels are made looks great! I really want to try this soon with those pretty wine labels! Thank you for your wonderful photo and this view into your life. I just got a Rosemary plant and am starting my balcony garden so I am keeping my fingers crossed it will thrive. Again, Happy Easter!
    Hugs, Hanneke

    ReplyDelete
  11. You always remind me of what is important, Jacqueline and I am so grateful that you give me a little nudge now and again.....A very peaceful and blessed Easter to you and your family
    love and hugs
    chris richards
    xxxxxxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Amen to ALL you posted, Jacqueline! Stay connected to the vine, always. SO TRUE! Your cards and photos are always inspiring to me. May God's blessings abound for you this Easter!

    ReplyDelete
  13. A Beautiful card and photo. I think they both are exceptional.
    Wishing you and yours a Blessed Easter.
    Hugs Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thank you Jacqueline, you have so spoken to my heart "Jesus took upon Himself everything that separated us from God and defeated death for us before He rose again! He has the key!"
    This resonates deep within me, all that separated us from god was death and Jesus tore down this hurdle by giving all that he had to give.. himself as the purest offering to make us worthy to be with our Father in heaven.

    How beautiful is this. You are a beautiful woman Jacqueline inside and out, God bless you beautiful lady! … and Happy Easter to you and your family :)

    Love & hugs
    Angie xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Vielen Dank, liebe Jaqueline.

    Ich muss sagen, dass ich Sie sehr bewundere.
    Ihre Kraft auch in dunkelster Stunde Hoffnung zu haben ist wunderbar.
    Es ist ein Geschenk, so einen starken Glauben zu haben.
    Das wird nicht jedem zuteil.
    Gott segne Sie.

    Ein schönes Osterfest
    Sophie

    ReplyDelete
  16. God Bless you and your family, Jacqueline-wishing you a blessed, peaceful Easter.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Lovely words ... A very Happy Easter to you Jacqueline

    ReplyDelete
  18. Happy Easter, Jacqueline. Thank you for your message.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Such a wonderful post my friend. With such a wonderful message. I wish you a happy Easter.

    Hugs, Linda

    ReplyDelete
  20. A beautiful post, Jacqueline. I trust you had a joyous Easter. Your devotional was lovely and so fitting.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hi Jacqueline. I always love yor grid cards and this one to. I love how you put the different patterns together.

    Hugs Helle.

    ReplyDelete
  22. What a beautiful card, Jacqueline, and I love the photo of your garden - gorgeous! Hope you had a happy Easter!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Jacqueline, this was so good that I'm putting a link to it on my Facebook page. If that is not ok, please let me know ASAP and i will remove it. I just thought everyone out in blogland should be able to read it. My FB page is under my name Faye Hoover.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your visit - I so appreciate it!