Tuesday, September 7, 2010

A challenge to myself

Yesterday DH and I took our eldest and youngest son to the airport in Gerona, Spain to catch a flight to Holland as today was their first day at Bible School. We left very early so that we could go to our favorite spot on the Beach and take a last dip in the Sea! It was glorious weather and very peaceful. We could see the apartment we rented during the summer holidays (only three weeks ago!) while we were swimming and were so thankful that we could close off this period in our lives, knowing that all our boys love Jesus and want to follow Him and His Word.

I bought a magazine while I was there and saw a beautiful photo that I wanted to challenge myself with to create a card using the colors for Autumn.


So here is the photo:



and here is my card. The stamp is a cling from Hero Arts which I recently got.

My own challenge

And this is a photo of where we were yesterday in Calella. As soon as we crossed the border back into France it was terrible weather, and still is hot and sticky again today.....


The sea was a little bit colder but so refreshing!

And here is my tag that is an inspiration of the above photo of Callela


Missed the tag challenge this week!
Happy days!

19 comments:

  1. So beautiful! Love the white embossing against the orange background, the colors remind me of delicious peach marmalade!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I love your inspiration from that magazine. I had to visit your blog to see what inspired you to make such a beautiful card! Beautiful colors and matching butterflies.
    Calella looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. what a delightful card.... I love the inspiration. I am in Paris today ¨. heading to Venice this evening, but just time to look at only a few sites. Nice weather in Paris.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the card, Jacqueline! Such pretty fall colors! And what a gorgeous photo! Glad you shared it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card and tag! Love your inspiration!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful work today, Jacqueline! I love both the inspiration pictures and your resulting creations! Spain looks lovely - I see why you've chosen it as a vacation spot!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful post, Jacqueline! Love your artwork and the inspiration photos. What a lovely coastline in Spain...and such sweet memories you will always have of your vacation. I know that gives you such a sense of peace knowing all your boys are following Jesus!
    Praise God!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You've continued the butterfly challenge for this week as well! Two lovely creations, great way to use the inspiration pieces.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a wonderful post! Outstanding creations and beautiful foto...thanks for the inspiration!!
    I like the script too...share your heart...very nice...

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous card and tag. The colors is lovely. It´s so much fun to challenge one self. The Le Corbusier chair is one of my favorit chair´s.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your card is beautiful. I tried one similar recently and I love the look of the white embossing with the color peeking through!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. love your card and tag, great colours. Oh I would love to be on the beach and swimming in the sea!

    ReplyDelete
  13. such beautiful cards inspired by the pretty photos!! love the lush colors!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lovely cards. I like the colors very much and your take on the photos is absolute gorgeous. Thanks for leaving such sweet comment on my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Totally loving the ruffle ribbon and the resist on the card.. looks so great together:-)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wonderful card and tag and the photo is so beautiful.

    Anke

    ReplyDelete
  17. Beautiful card and lovely tag. Love looking at your creations!

    ReplyDelete
  18. First, you have matched the colors for autumn in your gorgeous card and the colors of Callela in the tag! Both your art works are so reflective of the gentleness I perceive in you.

    Second, I must say that you live in a paradise of beauty. My mouth just dropped open at the photo of Callela. The sea is so clear and beautiful. And to think you are within driving distance of this beauty.

    Your nest will be a little for a while, but I'm sure you have lots to keep you busy.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hello Jacqueline. The way you matched the colours in your art to the colours in the photographs is astonishing. Have you considered setting up a challenge site? Beautiful art as always with such a gentle feel to both pieces. Have a lovely week. Lynne M x (Good Luck in my little Giveaway!)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your visit - I so appreciate it!