Saturday, September 25, 2010

PDCC challenge # 48

I thought I would give it a go again this week with these very challenging colors!

PDCC chall

Underneath my card is the inspiration photo. I used stamps from Crafty Individuals which I haven't used for a long time.




Here is the inspiration photo. The challenge can be found here.

I have another little humorous story to tell you. Every year I say it again in the summer I crave home grown tomatoes picked  from the garden! But we don't have a veggie patch, first of all because it takes too much time and the main reason being we have very poor vineyard soil which is too hard to handle. It just doesn't budge.
This year I prayed that somebody would give me just a little bag of fresh grown tomatoes as they are not sold in the shops. And what happens? First of all we get an invitation to dinner and the lady brings in a huge plate full of home grown tomatoes in a garlic sauce... yum! Then she gave me a bag to take home which was enough for the whole week. A week later my DH visited some old friends of ours, just to say hello and the lady was busy preparing 'Tomato Farci' in the oven. They are stuffed tomatoes filled with hamburger which has been prepared with bread and garlic. He got a plate to take home with him. When he went back with the plate she gave him a bag filled with tomatoes from their garden... yum!!
Just this afternoon, we were in the Supermarket waiting to pay for our shopping and this guy suddenly appeared out of nowhere and asked me if he could pay for his two bottles first. Of course, no problem.. He wanted to shake my hand to say thanks even. He was long gone, I thought, when we left the supermarket with our shopping but he was waiting in his car. What happens? He opens his window and gives DH an armful of home-grown tomatoes!
Well Lord, who would have thought that a wild stranger would be giving me tomatoes in a parking lot of a Supermarket of all places??!!
I wonder what will happen next??!

Have a nice weekend!
Jacqueline

23 comments:

  1. Love that story, Jacqueline! Wish you lived closer, I have a ton of tomatoes right now! I've been going up and down my street giving them to all my neighbors, along with lots of green peppers. . .yum! There really is nothing better than home grown!

    Beautiful card today! You'd never know by looking at it that you are challenged by these colors! It's just gorgeous! Hugs to you, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful use of this weeks colors, one would have never known you struggled. Wonderful soft shades! Thanks for playing at the PDCC.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun story indeed : )

    Absolutely breathtaking card...so glad to see back in The Cafe. : )

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute tomato story! Ask and you shall receive...amen! Love your card with beautiful butterflies and soft colors!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful card with a wonderful color combination..I love your tomatoe story...amazing indeed...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great tomato story, and love your card. It's so soft and romantic :) Thanks for joining us at the play date cafe :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love that you used the colors and turned them into such soft and pretty colors! Starting from an inspiration picture that was all shiny and steel!! I also love your story about the tomatoes. So wonderful that God provided. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your cards are always so Beautiful!! I love how you interpreted the inspiration photo.
    There really is nothing that compares to a home grown tomato!! So Happy that your Prayers were heard!!
    Patti

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful card, I love to see what artists do with the same stamp set! Your card is wonderfully creative, soft and delicate and the perfect hues for our challenge this week! Thanks for playing along with the Play Date Cafe!

    ReplyDelete
  10. your card is great, so is your tomato story.. indeed, ask and you will receive..

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for sharing your tomato saga...just shows how good God is...He used all those people and situations to bless you with "just a little bag of tomatoes" times 3.
    Your card is stunning, you rose to this challenge wonderfully!
    bless you, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  12. lovely card Jacqueline... and how like the Lord to provide... just ask and you shall receive......... I'm off to get my tomato plants today. I grow 3 or 4 plants in a trough of potting mix as we also do not have space for a veggie garden but I like the fresh tomatoes in summer.

    ReplyDelete
  13. i love how you translated the hard looking modern kitchen in the inspiration photo into this beautiful soft look, Jacqueline. so pretty and elegant. and i love your tomato story. so sweet and heartwarming. =) thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love that story. We are lucky as our 90 (yes 90!!) year old neighbour gives us little bundles of home grown several times in the week - cannot beat them.
    Your card is immensley beautiful Jacqueline. You and elegance go hand in hand. Lynne x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow, wonderful creation. Love your story about the tomatoes... so wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love the soft colors and the combination of the stamps you used! Beautiful card!

    ReplyDelete
  17. These are my favourite colours, so I could get easily inspired by them. I find it difficult creating with colours that are not "me". But you have a wonderful creation despite being challenged by the colours.
    Is there a place to follow your blog? Can't find it - but may just be blind.

    ReplyDelete
  18. WOW Jacqueline your card is so beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  19. This is a beautiful shabby card! I love how those colors on your butterflies and background are so soft but bold and beautiful! Funny story too--love me some good tomatoes;) Thanks so much for joining in the fun and playing along with us at the Play Date Cafe:)

    ReplyDelete
  20. You've pulled off our colours again so well. Such a pretty card, love it! Love your tomato story too! Glad you could join in with us at the PDCC this week!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Ooh, I really missed this one, love the blues and greens together, it's a winning color combo! Love that lacey border, can't remember the name of it, will have to look it up again.

    ReplyDelete
  22. hey sis, what a great testimony of Gods blessings for you. It is easy to grow tomatoes, really you should try!beautiful card too xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your visit - I so appreciate it!