Friday, July 16, 2010

Celebrating Summer!

You never expected to hear me say that did you? But today and yesterday have been the Summer days as I have always remembered them, days when I wished they would never end. No sweat, no toil, no unbearable heat, no tiredness, just a beautiful breezy, sunny, hot, refreshing summer's day!! I don't even get hot in the house and that is without the fans! It's such a relief to remember how Summer can be in the South of France - and I just love it. Now, I want to be outside. Even hanging up the washing is a pleasure. OH how I grumbled, but oh how I feel so much better.
I am so relieved I'm celebrating with a card I was able to make.



Of course, it's vintage and of course there are scraps on it. I probably reduced the scrap pile by one tenth of a millimeter with this one... but every little bit helps you know!!

All scraps here.

We have a huge Cypres tree in the garden and it makes the most beautiful sound when the wind rushes through it's branches. Well, in that tree, right in the middle, a huge nest can be found and every evening I go and see if the bird has returned to her nest and every evening she has. She has picked a classy place to live I can tell you - a place of pure peace, a birds eye view over the Mountains, a first row seat to the gorgeous sunset in the evening and there's not a bird in sight troubling her.

The other day I was sitting out with my son in the evening by the pool and we were surrounded by beautiful swallows wizzing in-between and around us the whole time. Such an elegant show of perfect flying skills and it was so cozy to hear them chattering with each other. We had the thought that God must have made the birds just to give pleasure to us humans. Imagine life without them?!

14 comments:

  1. Hi Jacqueline, pretty vintage cards. Like the second most. I use my scraps on my cards, too. That makes me feel better on those scraps..

    ReplyDelete
  2. more beautiful cards! I always love your choice in papers, images and embellishments. We also have been enjoying birds at our new place. We have swans on the lake down the hill that come for the neighbor to hand feed them each day...and a small wren that has made a nest in the birdhouse. The wren doesn't like it when we are in the vegetable garden (too close)...it is wonderful to take in God's creatures that he has blessed us with! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad to hear that your heat has abated; I know exactly what you mean, that feeling of being wrung out. Love your cards today, as always, and also your description of your bird and its nest. I so agree, birds are such a wonderful creation that God gave us! I love watching how different birds react to our birdbath. Some sit daintily on the edge and dip gracefuly down for a drink.....some march through, ruffling their feather and show great delight in their bath, and then there are those few that just sit in there and literally bounce around, taking such delight in the water! Who wouldn't be charmed by all that variety! Sending hugs, my friend! Wishing for some of those summer days you're getting now; we are still stuck in the stickiness.

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are beautiful, amazing and such dedication for using up all the scraps you have, that takes a lot of willpower....especially trying to use them before buying new products! So glad to hear you are enjoying bearable weather!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So delightful. I especially love the card with the image of the young woman - so beautiful. Well our summer consists of wind & rain lol. Have a great weekend. Lynne M x

    ReplyDelete
  6. so pretty! hope you have a delightful and breezy weekend! =)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I hear by daub you "Queen of Vintage scraps" - you are awesome Jacqueline at putting your scraps together into such delightful cards.... love both of these. Glad your weather is more bearable.

    ReplyDelete
  8. So good to hear that the heat has subsided for you, Jacqueline! This post is so beautiful! Love reading your words about where you live, the nest in the tree and the swallows' flight! Both your cards are so pretty! Hope that wonderful summer weather just keeps coming! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Both are lovely and glad to see you using your scraps. always such an inspiration. So glad the weather shifted for you and your story of the swallows is lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  10. So glad you are getting a little respite from the heat! These cards are both totally gorg! I love the soft colors and touch of earthy browns!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. So so beautiful, you just got the prettiest vintage cards here, I love your heart tags too, all 3 of them, thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Jacqueline, you described your weather and the birds so beautifully! The weather is so hot here too, but I don't expect a break until October. That's Florida. Your card is beautiful too.

    ReplyDelete
  13. What beautiful pieces of art you created. The little story makes them that much more delightful.
    Ahhh, the heat this summer in Europe....we too are having a few days of utterly beautiful summer weather,,,,breezy,sunny and no real heat actually. What a relief!
    I love watching the swallows zoom around so unbelieveably "schnell"
    and so full of life.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh, I know what you mean about the scraps--I have tons of them! You've made such nice use of yours. I love your cards, especially the one with the vintage image of the woman--so very pretty!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your visit - I so appreciate it!