Thursday, April 25, 2013

The Wonder of Watercolor challenge

I have changed what I originally posted as I wasn't happy with posting oldish cards, so here is a new card for the challenge on the Moxie Fab World blog called The Wonder of Watercolor, the link of which is here.




I used an acrylic blog with different distress ink colors and then sprayed with water before coloring the cardstock. I then randomly stamped with leaves and flowers. I have used a darkroom door stamp and a Postcard stamp from Stampendous.

Now I wanted to share the second part of the message I shared last week about understanding Grace - so are you ready?

Quote

The world tells us that our value is connected to our ‘doing.’ Growing up, we’re constantly compared. When asked why we were not doing as well as our brother or sister, we felt we were doing our best and we had no answer. So we resolved to try harder, but no matter how hard we tried, someone still wasn’t satisfied. We were still getting the message, ‘Something’s wrong with you.’ This leaves us burned out, confused and turned off. It drives many of us into counseling, when all we need is the assurance of God’s unconditional love! Your wrong behaviors won’t be changed until you know you’re loved by God apart from what you do. And that’s what Jesus made possible through the cross. Why is this important to believe? Because until you know who you are in Christ, you’ll stumble along believing that your acceptance with God is performance-based. Your acceptance with God is based on performance, but not yours—Christ’s! Jesus loves you unconditionally and is committed to working with you. And the best part is, He doesn’t condemn you while He’s doing it! He understands your temperament, your struggles, and even the faulty foundation upon which you’ve based your self-worth. He not only understands—He cares. Once you enter into a personal relationship with Christ He begins a process of relieving your pain, revealing your true value, and releasing your gifts. Bit by bit, He restores everything the devil has stolen from you. And while all this is happening, you are positioned securely ‘in Christ.’ Therefore you’re always acceptable to Him. 

1 Kings 12-13, Matthew 18:10-20, Psalm 53 , Proverbs 6:9-11

Unquote

Hope it blesses you!
Jacqueline


18 comments:

  1. Wow, your watercolored background is lovely, such a pretty mix of colors! I'm always so impressed with how perfect your random stamping looks! Thanks for the inspiring message today, it was a much needed reminder!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amen! Thanks, always need to remember I can not add to what has been done.

    Your card is just beautiful and you have the watercoloring technique down. I did my first try and I really like it. I inked the stamp with inks and sprayed with water. I need to buy more watercolor paper and just play with my stamps and see which of them work with this technique. Have a wonderful day.
    Blessing,
    Bobbie Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am a carer in an old people's home and went on a training course yesterday in dementia care. It is all about changing from 'doing' to 'being' and said a lot of what you've said here. It was quite frustrating listening to it and wanting to say, "Yes, that's what God can do for you!" Your message is spot on for me today, thankyou. xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. You always know how to create the most delicate of cards Jacqueline, such a fine technique, love the outcome!
    irascreacorner.blogspot.nl

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the message Jacqueline, thanks for sharing. Such an inspiring reminder of God's grace:-)
    Your card is breathtakingly beautiful, a technique I love to use and so can appreciate the lovely colors you chose!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful card Jacqueline. And a very beautiful inspirational quote.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your card is beautiful !
    Laurette

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful card ... Love the colours

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very pretty, you should be super happy with this one! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. BEAUTIFUL..the card is LOVELY too!
    Have a GREAT weekend:)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful watercoloring, and such pretty stamping, this is one technique I have been wanting to do, great inspiration!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love those background colors Jacqueline, you really have an eye for that!

    ReplyDelete
  13. such a beautiful Watercolor design!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hey Jacqueline! Thanks for linking this up to the Wonder of Watercolor Challenge in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your visit - I so appreciate it!