Sunday, March 13, 2011

Layered Stamping Technique Challenge - Hero Arts

No re-visiting this Sunday but showing you a few cards I made for the Hero Arts Challenge this Month which is the layering of stamps using the watercolor technique on cards.


This is the more recent one, using the Village Stamp which has been inked up, sprayed with water and stamped on a distressed background. I made the distressed background by spraying water directly onto a very old ink pad and applied directly to the paper. After it was dry, I used the Silhouette flower stamp, added four colors distress inks, sprayed with water and stamped over the top again. Added some gems (thanks Wilmi) and a sentiment in black, with a couple of butterflies (thanks Sue) to make it come alive.

French Village

This is one I made on Friday, which show the Village stamp a little bit clearer and has a pinky background.

I have a little share today, which really spoke to me! So much so, that I want to share it with you as an encouragement! It is from a Bob Gass devotional.

Quote

God Hears Your Prayers

 "Lord, the one you love is sick" - John 11:3 NIV

John records, '... Mary and Martha sent someone to tell Jesus, "Lord, the one you love is sick"' (NCV). Someone went to Jesus on behalf of Lazarus and because they went, Jesus responded. The healing didn't take place for several days, but it was set in motion the moment the Lord was called on. Have you ever wondered where your prayers go? '
The friend who went to Jesus on behalf of Lazarus said, '"Lord, the one you love is sick."' He didn't base his appeal on the imperfect love of the one in need, but on the perfect love of Jesus. He didn't say, 'The one who loves you is sick.' He said, 'The one you love is sick.' That's different. The power of prayer doesn't depend on the virtue of the one who prays, but on the unchanging love of the one who hears. Aren't you glad? You may be deeply flawed, you may not understand the mystery of prayer, but this much is clear: action begins in heaven when someone on earth prays.

Unquote

17 comments:

  1. Beautiful cards, Jacqueline - I love the effect of a garden in the middle of the town square. Lovely, inspiring quote as well. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. My, both of your cards are stunning Jacqueline! Great quotes that are well positioned! TFS, Ira

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely cards Jacqueline! That village background is great, I don't think I would have known what to do with it, your card is ideal.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful cards, Jacqueline! The second one is my favourite. Love the colors of that one very much!

    ReplyDelete
  5. We must use the same devotional!
    Love your cards!

    ReplyDelete
  6. mooi!
    ben er stil van, zowel je kaarten als de tekst!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such beautiful and clever use of the Village Stamp Jacqueline! And the colours are just lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So beautiful! Looking at this, I really do feel like I'm in the heart of a country village in Europe! So charming Jacqueline!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Both very beautiful cards Jacqueline, you certainly have mastered that technique, my only attempt at it was a disaster !

    ReplyDelete
  10. These are so beautiful! I loved them over on Flickr and glad you shared here. Love the idea of the city behind the flowers. Wonderful! Thanks for the inspirational thoughts.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous cards Jacqueline. I really like how you have made your backgrounds.

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a beautiful post! The card is beyond lovely and the devotional spoke volumes! Thanks for sharing both!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Such gorgeously layered stamping, Jacqueline! Both cards are so pretty, but I love the village one best!

    ReplyDelete
  14. beautiful cards! I really want to try this technique after seeing your inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful cards again Jacqueline! You always seem to surprise me with yet another beautiful way of using the stamps!
    Good to know HIM., I know!

    ReplyDelete
  16. These cards would perfectly fit in a gallery of arts.....I'm smitten. I don't know where you found the inspiration to pick your colors but both color schemes are fabulous. Your style is so inpsiring; love it!
    Thanks for sharing the inspiring thoughts.... so true...

    ReplyDelete
  17. Such BEAUTIFUL cards Jacqueline! MY layered stamping cards always look like a dog's breakfast, so I'm always intrigued to see true artistry like yours.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your visit - I so appreciate it!