Friday, March 25, 2011

Still thinking Spring

I found some coordinating scrap papers and thought the colors and images would give a Spring effect so I am continuing in the Spring theme. Also entering this in the CARDS challenge this week which is to create a grid.

Le parfum des fleurs means The perfume of flowers, but you knew that I'm sure! I also used Hero Arts Envelope pattern stamp for a subtle effect and I used my second 'Brenda' butterfly which I distressed in vintage photo to coordinate with the colors. I still have one 'Brenda' butterfly remaining. The first comment on this post will receive the tag!


 And this is a little project I made for Sunday school this weekend. Together with Marilène we have a class of about twenty children from the age of 4-7. They will all be making a little lantern like this, which I have to prepare this afternoon (yes, 20 of them!) but they have to decorate their own.
Our theme is 'The Word of God' and I wanted to illustrate how the Word of God is like a Light, as it spreads light wherever it goes, whenever it is read and proclaimed! I have used vellum behind the verse and will light up a candle behind it so that it lights up.

Your Word is a Lamp to my feet
and a light to my path.
Psalm 119:105

Have a lovely weekend!
Jacqueline

13 comments:

  1. I just love your butterfly card, it's very elegant!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jacqueline, that tag is GORGEOUS!! Love every, little inch of it! And wow! What a special project for the Sunday school kids to create! It is so beautiful with all the little flowers! Would love to see a photo of it all lit up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome Tag Jacqueline:-) Love the spring colours... And the butterfly is so pretty.. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love Spring colors and your gorgeous tag is so perfect! Your Sunday school children will be delighted with this project as I'm sure their parents will be too. What a wonderful way to teach them about God's Word!
    blessings~

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful grid card, Jacqueline, with sweet papers. And LOVE your idea of a lantern to teach the children about the Light of the world!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a breathtaking grid card, Jacqueline!

    I can see all those flowers all over the SS room:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. lovely your spring tag Jacqueline and what a wonderful project for your Sunday School class.

    ReplyDelete
  8. C´est manifique Jacqueline <3
    Hugs, Sanne

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely butterfly tag Jacqueline! The patchwork of papers is cute, and I love the flower accents ;)
    Hugs, Ruth S

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ohhhh..... The tag with all the scraps is so beautiful. Very springlike with the colors and images. Your sunday school project is so sweet and the kids are going to enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Spectacular tag Jacqueline! I just love your colours and the grid effect (I still have to give it a try). Stunning idea with the lantern, the children are going to love it!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the vibrant colors on both of these! I always love how you place the little flowers, buttons, and bling!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love your take on the spring theme. The soft shades; especially the green ones....gorgeous!

    Your Sunday school project is so beautiful; such a lovely idea....

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your visit - I so appreciate it!