Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Revisiting..

I couldn't revisit an old card on Sunday because I was out visiting. We were invited to dinner in a beautiful region of France in the Mountains, about an hours drive from our house. I didn't have my camera with me... have vowed to leave one in the car in the future.
Here is my card, which is a case of the card below. I received the pp from Stella and printed a poem called 'Old Things' onto it before I stamped over the top with the Hero Arts Hydrangea stamp in Walnut stain distress ink. The beautiful double butterfly is from Sue from Suzz Stamping Spot.


This is the card I revisited. Actually, if you lack inspiration, it is a good idea to remake an old card, its such fun to use old stamps again, different papers and color combinations but using the same design!
 

Now I am visiting another card I recently received from Sue - she makes the most beautiful butterflies, and here they are sitting in the sun on a tree trunk warming their wings.

 Aren't the colors beautiful?!!
I am waiting for a stamp to arrive - I haven't had a new stamp for ages and ages... I need it for some new inspiration.
Hoping you are all well!!
 PS - I so miss the little thumbnail photos of freshly posted  blog entires in my sidebar! I have noticed that  everywhere - I want them back!!!

13 comments:

  1. Love all your cards Jacqueline! Your layering on the hydrangea designs is to-die-for. I love hydrangeas - I had them in my wedding bouquet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely stunning creation Jacqueline! And I just love the butterflies on Sue's card, out of this world!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your hydrangea cards are such classic beauties...I think this design should be revisited often! Thanks for sharing Sue's butterfly card...how special! So happy you had a nice visit with friends.
    blessings~

    ReplyDelete
  4. You make such beautiful cards with that Hydrangea-stamp! This one is also a beauty!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful, beautiful cards Jacqueline - wowers!

    ReplyDelete
  6. These hydrangea cards are gorgeous! Thanks for sharing my little card. :) I love what you do with the hydrangea stamp as well!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your cards look amazing. I just love that hydrangea stamp.. So pretty.. And the card from Sue is also beautiful.. You both are so talented. You give me so much inspiration..
    Hope you are having a wonderful day!!

    Hugs, Linda

    ReplyDelete
  8. Jacqueline, I've decided to join you in this revisiting old cards idea and so far have done it once. It really does help when the mojo seems to go away. I'm planning on doing it again and want to thank you for the idea! Your hydrangea cards are always stunning, this one today is amazing too! So glad you share your talent with us! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful re-visit of your older card, it's amazing just very subtle details in colors and embellies and your card is transformed! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. what a delightful card to revisit Jacqueline. I love the way you made the poem and then stamped the hydrangea over it. Both are amazing

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your card looks wonderful, both the older and newer version. I love that you printed the saying on the patterned paper and then stamped on top of that. It looks gorgeous.
    Hugs and smiles

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ik had toch gezegd dat je eens moest stoppen met zulke mooie kaarten te maken met deze stempel - hydrangea- LOL. Gewoon prachtig, maar het heeft wel tot gevolg gehad dat ik ook een hydrangea stempel heb gekocht - van SU, helemaal uit Amerika, wel 2e hands...

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm smitten by your hydrangea cards; they are stunning.Love the colors and I love the way you used that paper; gorgeous!
    I am on the hunt for that hydrangea stamp; it's #1 on my wishlist :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your visit - I so appreciate it!