Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Tag Tuesday - Think Spring!

So happy that Rebecca volunteered to take over the Tag Tuesday challenge! So sorry to see Louise have to pass on the baton, but she hasn't disappeared from the craft blogging world so I'm happy about that!


The challenge is to think Spring this week which is very appropriate as the weather is really gorgeous at the moment and everything is budding and will burst into life soon. I'm waiting for the cherry blossoms to bloom and I'm just so enjoying all the shrubs getting flowers and adding color to the garden.

In another light, it shows the pattern on the vellum better:



Thanks to Helle for the lovely die-cut butterflies, it seemed appropriate to use them today. Thanks to Sue for the birdcage and bird! I stamped over the birdcage with the Envelope pattern stamp. I white embossed the Lace stamp on vellum behind the birdcage. I could even make it light up with a candle :)

Tag nr. 2

The new challenge blog can be found here - everybody can join in. Thank you Rebecca.

(N.B - now and again you will see spelling errors in my posts - like asparagus - I called asperges - well that is the Dutch way of saying it. I am thinking and speaking three languages during the day so now and again I get mixed up and don't even realise it...)

19 comments:

  1. Adorable tag Jacqueline ;) I love the lacy vellum touch - clever!
    Hugs, Ruth S

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful birdcage! Great idea to stamp it over with the Envelope pattern stamp.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just love how you used the vellum on this tag Jacqueline, so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What gorgeous tags, Jacqueline. The first thing I looked for was: butterflies. And there they were, looking beautiful and springlike.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such gorgeous tags!! That lace stamped on vellum looks very special!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such sweet and delicate tags!! I love them!

    Rebecca

    ReplyDelete
  7. How creative and lovely to use embossed vellum behind the birdcage. Gorgeous...I love the second one; all the "text" additions; looks like journaling on a tag. So lovely; I can only sigh :)

    Your spelling errors are charming. Don't worry!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow! These are gorgeous tags, Jacqueline! The lacy vellum behind the birdcage looks fantastic! What a wonderful idea! The second tag is so pretty with your layering, perfect springtime words and sentiments and your lovely butterflies and flowers! Love them both!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love both your tags Jacqueline, the vellum behind the bird cage is a lovely touch, your second tag is lovely with the text and butterflies.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh! I just love this tag. Thanks for sharing..A friend shared some die cut birdcages with me and this really inspires me to use them, instead of saving them!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. both your tags are gorgeous and spring like Jacqueline. How lovely that Rebecca is going to carry on with Tag Tuesday.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm so happy to see Rebecca take over as well. A great first challenge and your spring tags are gorgeous. I just love the way you brought out the words on that second tag, what a difference it makes. A lovely little border on the bottom,too.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your tags are beautiful! Have a wonderful day.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi again! Just to say a big congrats on the Fab Five inclusion at HeroArts. You totally deserved it with that stunning card ;)
    Yay! Hugs, Ruth S

    ReplyDelete
  15. Both your tags are amazing. Love the soft look and the lovely background with the Lace stamp. The Butterflies looke awesome on the tag.

    Congrats on the Fab Five winner on Hero Arts. I love the card to.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Jacqueline, you've created two wonderful tags. Love them both.

    ReplyDelete
  17. What beautiful Tags. I just love both of them..

    Hugs, Linda

    ReplyDelete
  18. How fantastic, just wonderful.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your visit - I so appreciate it!